Former Obama DHS Secretary: ‘I’m Not in Favor of Seeing Less Fencing Than There Is Now’

Washington Free Beacon | 2/24/2019 | Andrew Kugle
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Capture3-e1551028445943.png

BY: Andrew Kugle

Former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said on Sunday that he was not in favor of seeing less fencing along the southern border than there is now.

Democrats - Fencing - Border - Emergency - Favor

"Some Democrats have talked about removing fencing at the border. Is it a national emergency? And would you be in favor of seeing less fencing than is there now?" "Meet the Press" anchor Chuck Todd asked Johnson, who served under President Barack Obama.

"I am not in favor of seeing less fencing than there is now," Johnson said. "I think that we need to continue our efforts at border security. Smart border security. Smart investments in the use of the tax payers' dollars in border security. I do not believe that it was appropriate for the president to invoke section 2808 of Title X. That is intended for a war or national emergency historically overseas. So this is really,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!