Even After World War II, Europe in Denial About Evil

The Daily Signal | 2/22/2019 | Staff
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/190222_merkel.jpg

“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

One might think that after denying the evidence of Adolf Hitler’s rise and objectives that resulted in World War II, Europeans might be more attuned to modern threats.

Week - Visit - Munich - Irony - Vice

Last week on a visit to Munich (oh, the irony), Vice President Mike Pence criticized Europe’s continued support of the Iran nuclear deal from which President Donald Trump has withdrawn. According to BBC.com, under the deal, which was never ratified by the Senate, “Iran agreed to limit its sensitive nuclear activities and allow in international inspectors in return for the lifting of crippling economic sanctions.”

And why didn’t the Senate ratify the Iran deal? Because, writes National Review, it was “…deliberately negotiated by the Obama administration in a way that enabled it to evade the U.S. Constitution’s requirement that treaties be ratified by the Senate.”

Pence - Time - Partners - Iran - Deal

Pence said, “The time has come for our European partners to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal.” He called Iran a “murderous regime” and “the leading state sponsor of terrorism in the world.”

Speaking at the same gathering, German Chancellor Angela Merkel sounded as if she was channeling the late British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain when she acknowledged Iran’s military buildup and the threat it poses to Europe and the world. In spite of those known facts, Merkel, like Chamberlain, remains in denial.

Merkel - Missile - Programs - Iran - Yemen

Merkel said, “I see the ballistic missile programs, I see Iran in Yemen and above all I see Iran in Syria. The only question that stands between us on this issue is, do we help our common cause, our common aim of containing the damaging or difficult development of Iran, by withdrawing from the one remaining agreement? Or do we help it more by keeping the small anchor we have in order maybe to exert pressure in other areas?”

This...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!
Tagged: