Steve McQueen admits he was 'disturbed' by Liam Neeson's 'black b*****d' rape revenge comments

Mail Online | 2/22/2019 | Eve Buckland For Mailonline
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/22/16/10150080-0-image-a-81_1550851909979.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/05/3924240324306553002/1024x576_MP4_3924240324306553002.mp4

Director Steve McQueen has admitted he was left 'disturbed' by Liam Neeson's shocking comments about seeking vengeance on a black person after the rape of a friend.

Neeson, 66, was branded 'racist' after he revealed he had spent a week prowling the streets with a cosh to murder a black man 40 years ago, when he learned a loved one had allegedly been raped while he was overseas.

Backlash - Neeson - Good - Morning - America

Following a worldwide backlash, Neeson appeared on Good Morning America earlier this month to insist he is not a racist and revealed he had sought help from a Catholic priest after the incident.

McQueen, 49, who cast Neeson in 2018 drama Widows told the Guardian: 'My reaction was I was disturbed, I was upset and finally I was just disappointed. You never know what's in people's minds. You just never know.'

Years - A - Slave - Director - McQueen

The 12 Years A Slave director McQueen continued: 'I just find racism very funny and very stupid and very silly. It's absurd.

To those who defended Neeson, which include footballer John Barnes and actors Michelle Rodriguez and Whoopi Goldberg McQueen said: 'Can you identify a racist by looking at them? Neither can I.'

Liam - Neeson - Racist - Oscars - Time

Liam Neeson was branded a racist who should be banned from the Oscars after speaking for the first time about his extreme reaction when he learned a loved one had allegedly been raped while he was overseas.

During an interview with the Independent to promote his new film Cold Pursuit, the actor, 66, described how he walked the streets looking for a 'black b*****d' to kill in a misguided attempt at revenge.

'racist - Twitter - Oscars

He was subsequently branded a 'racist' on Twitter who 'should be banned from the Oscars.'

Liam's new movie sees the action star take on the role of a father intent on revenge after his son has been killed in a drug...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!