Baptiste star Talisa Garcia reveals she wasn't given roles because she 'wasn't transgender enough'

Mail Online | 2/22/2019 | Roxy Simons For Mailonline
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/22/11/10139818-0-image-a-69_1550834075358.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/22/3241291803894198658/1024x576_MP4_3241291803894198658.mp4

Baptiste star Talisa Garcia revealed on Friday that she wasn't given roles in the past because she casting directors felt she 'wasn't transgender enough'.

The Chilean-born English star, who plays Kim Vogel in the BBC miniseries, was making an appearance on Lorraine to talk about her role and career as a transgender actress when she made the candid admission.

Christine - Lampard - 'When - Jobs

Speaking with Christine Lampard, she said of starting out: 'When I graduated in 2004 I wasn't getting the jobs because they kept saying I wasn't transgender enough.

'It was like a compliment but at the same time I still wanted to work, whenever I watched the programmes back it was usually a guy playing it with a wig.'

Example - Talisa - Remember - Audition - Bill

Going on to give a specific example, Talisa continued: 'I remember I went for an audition with The Bill, [and] they said "we could never cast you as a transgender because you wouldn't get the sympathy", now everything has moved on and there's been an outbreak really.'

The Doctors star also discussed her family life, and admitted that her 'parents knew before [her]' that she was transgender.

Dad - Years - Mum - Dad - Hair

'My dad always said since you were three years old we knew,' she explained. 'I remember asking my mum and dad why I hated having my hair cut, they would explain to me that you're a little boy.

'You know, it did become a problem for me especially when you reach 11, 12 years old, it was a huge problem for me. So much so that I didn't want to exist anymore, until I found out it had a name, what I had had a name.

'I think...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!