Kamala Harris has soul food at Sylvia's with Al Sharpton but he claims Jussie Smollett not on menu

Mail Online | 2/21/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
Kezzerxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/21/20/10113738-0-image-a-37_1550781360925.jpg

Democratic presidential contender Kamala Harris made a pilgrimage to Harlem on Thursday for lunch with Al Sharpton - a route many White House wannabes before her have taken in their courting of the influential African American leader.

Harris and Sharpton had lunch at Sylvia's Soul Food, the restaurant where he's previously dined with Democrats Barack Obama and Bernie Sanders in their quest for the Oval Office.

Situation - Jussie - Smollett - Minute

He said the situation with Jussie Smollett did not come up during their 30 minute sit down.

'We didn't discuss that at all,' he said.

Chicago - Police - Bosses - Thursday - Actor

Chicago police bosses alleged Thursday the actor mailed himself a threatening letter and then staged a hoax attack because he was unhappy with his salary on the TV show 'Empire.'

Chicago Police Department Superintendent Eddie Johnson abhorred him as a 'troubled young man' who has 'taken advantage of the pain and anger of racism to further his career' by allegedly lying that he was attacked by racist and homophobic assailants on January 29.

Harris - Sympathy - Smollett - Attack

Harris expressed sympathy for Smollett when the attack was originally reported.

'@JussieSmollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I'm praying for his quick recovery,' she wrote on Twitter in January.

'This - Day - One - Life - Sexuality

'This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate,' she noted.

She did not answer reporters' questions on her way out of the restaurant on Thursday.

Sharpton - Harris - Photo - Restaurant - Wall

After they ate, Sharpton showed Harris a photo on the restaurant wall of him eating there with Obama in 2007.

'I'm going to rub it,' she said, running her hands on the top and bottom part of the frame.

Thing - Sharpton - Lunch

'He ate the same thing,' Sharpton told her of their lunch.

'That's good luck,' Harris said.

Waffles

She had chicken and waffles at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!