North Carolina election board orders NEW election for House seat over fraud claims

Mail Online | 2/21/2019 | Associated Press
vegdancer18 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/21/21/10116494-0-image-a-6_1550785384129.jpg

North Carolina's elections board ordered a new election in the nation's last undecided congressional race after reviewing evidence that it was tainted by absentee ballot fraud.

The board voted 5-0 on Thursday to hold a new race in the 9th Congressional District. It did not immediately set a schedule.

Ruling - Candidate - Nation - Race - Bid

The ruling came immediately after the Republican candidate in what remains the nation's last undecided congressional race abruptly dropped his bid to be declared the winner and instead called for a new election, after investigators detailed evidence of ballot fraud by political operatives working for him.

Mark Harris informed the North Carolina elections board of his decision on the fourth day of a hearing on whether to certify the results of the November contest - a day after his own son had taken the stand to say he had warned about the operatives' 'illegal' activities.

Testimony - Days - Election

'Through the testimony I've listened to over the past three days, I believe a new election should be called,' he said.

'It's become clear to me that the public's confidence in the 9th District seat general election has been undermined to an extent that a new election is warranted.'

Time - Harris - Knowledge - Practices - Operatives

At the same time, Harris denied any knowledge of the illegal practices allegedly used by operatives on his payroll.

Harris left the hearing room without answering questions. It was not immediately clear whether he intends to run in a new election.

Decision - Election - Election - Board - Vote

The decision on whether to hold a new election rests with the five-member election board, which did not immediately hold a vote on the matter.

Harris led Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes out of about 280,000 cast last fall in a mostly rural district along the southern edge of the state. But the state refused to certify the outcome as allegations surfaced that Harris political operative Leslie McCrae Dowless may have tampered...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......