Sanders Bashed NYT in 1986 for Not Telling the ‘Truth’ About Communism

Washington Free Beacon | 2/21/2019 | Joe Schoffstall
brunodeuce44 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GettyImages-687339814.jpg

BY: Joe Schoffstall

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) in 1986 spoke of being "very excited" about watching the late Cuban dictator Fidel Castro's revolution "rising up against the ugly rich people" and lambasted the New York Times for not telling the "real truth" about communism in Nicaragua, according to a newly surfaced video.

Reagan - Battalion - Video - Twitter - Thursday

The Reagan Battalion posted the video on Twitter on Thursday, following an earlier video from 1985 in which Sanders, then the mayor of Burlington, Vermont, praises Castro and slams then-President Ronald Reagan. That video, which initially surfaced during the 2016 presidential cycle, was posted in full by Mediate.

Within the second video, which was filmed at the University of Vermont in 1986, Sanders speaks of his excitement of watching Castro "rising up against the ugly rich people."

Reason - Fidel - Castro - Revolution - Cuba—I

"But I remember, for some reason or another, being very excited when Fidel Castro made the revolution in Cuba—I was a kid and I remember reading that—and it just seemed right and appropriate that poor...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.