Pixar’s Animal Abuse Short ‘Kitbull’ Will Break Your Heart and Put It Back Together — Watch

IndieWire | 2/20/2019 | Staff
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-3.22.44-PM.png

Pixar has debuted its new short film “Kitbull” online (via Mashable), and it’s going to break your heart in typical Pixar fashion. The nine-minute short features 2D animation instead of the studio’s go-to CGI animation style and tells the story of two abused animals (one a kitten and the other a pitbull, hence the title) who form a friendship that changes both of their lives.

“To be fully honest, it started from a cat video,” director Rosana Sullivan said about the short film. “I loved watching cat videos in times of stress. At first, I just wanted to draw something that made me feel good and was fun, but it evolved into something more personal to me eventually. Growing up, I was always very sensitive and very shy, and had actually a lot of trouble making connections, making friendship. So I related to this kitten because it never really stepped outside of its comfort zone to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!