Kamala Harris’s Dad Calls Her Out for Perpetuating Pot-Smoking Jamaicans Stereotype

Breitbart | 2/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/Jamaican-Smoking-Kamala-Harris.jpg

Kamala Harris’s father is chastising his daughter and Democrat presidential hopeful for advancing stereotypes about pot-smoking Jamaicans.

Harris’s father Donald Harris is Jamaican, and her mother Shyamala Gopalan Harris is Indian. Kamala made remarks about pot and her own use of the drug during an interview on the New York Breakfast Club radio show.

Host - Harris - Legalization - Pot

The host told Harris some have claimed she opposes the legalization of pot.

Harris said that was not true and added: “And look, I joke about it — half-joking — half my family’s from Jamaica. Are you kidding me?”

Host - Harris

The host asked Harris if she had ever smoked it.

“I have,” she replied.

Harris - Father - Daughter - Remarks - Statement

Harris’s father was not pleased with his daughter’s remarks and issued a statement published on the Jamaica Global website.

Harris wrote:

Dear - Grandmothers - Legacy - Essay - Website

My dear departed grandmothers (whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics. Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.

The Jamaican Global website reported:

Hopeful - Heritage - Spirit - Interview - Jamaican

The 2020 presidential hopeful with a Jamaican heritage said she not only smoked but added “I inhale.” Perhaps said jokingly at first in the spirit of the interview, she proceeded to suggest that her Jamaican father’s side of the family would be disappointed in her if she did not support the legalization of marijuana. And that IS a serious statement. Now Harris’ father has come out vigorously dissociating himself from his daughter’s statement.

An ironic twist in Ms. Harris’ associating marijuana smoking with her Jamaican heritage that seems to have escaped her as well as media watchers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!