7 Reminders for Pastors and Ministry Leaders who use Social Media

Ron Edmondson | 2/20/2019 | Ron Edmondson
Click For Photo: http://ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/social-media.jpg

Can I be honest? I’m not always the biggest fan of social media.

I know you have a hard time believing this if you follow me on Facebook (either my profile or one of my pages – I have several), Twitter (and I have a couple of those), LinkedIn, Instagram, or Pinterest. How could I not love social media?

Impacts - Media - People - Filter - Anonymity

What I don’t like are some of the negative impacts of social media. It seems people lose their filter when they are online. They must feel a certain anonymity – even it seems if their real name is on their account. Some people even show their mean side online – saying things they never would say without this medium making it so easy to do.

I would assume though social media is here for a while. And it’s certainly a part of our lives. And wherever people are I want to be as much as I can, because I’ve been called to love and help people.

Media - Necessity - Days - Ministry - Reason

So, if social media is here, and an almost necessity these days in ministry, it seems to reason we should keep in mind it’s impact. This should actually influence our use of social media. That’s the purpose of this post.

Here are 7 reminders for pastors and ministry leaders on social media:

Church - Page - Tells - People - Something

You represent Christ and the church. Even when you’re on your personal page what you post tells people something about the church. If you’re angry online you are demonstrating to people how they expect Christ to respond to them.

You influence people. If you are in a ministry leadership position you have positional influence. People look to you for answers and how they should live their life as believers.

Area - Opinion - Example - Thing

This is a gray area for sure, and strictly my opinion, but as an example, one thing which drives me crazy is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ron Edmondson
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.