McCabe Refuses to Answer Question About Lying Under Oath, Cites ‘Ongoing Legal Issues’

Breitbart | 2/20/2019 | Staff
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/GettyImages-681922522.jpg

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe appeared Monday on NPR’s “Morning Edition” to discuss his firing from the Bureau and the investigation into leaking information to The Wall Street Journal.

NPR host Steve Inskeep asked McCabe multiple times about the investigation and lying under oath, which McCabe dodged each time by blaming the “ongoing legal issues” that he is “handling.”

Transcript - Exchange

Partial transcript of the exchange as follows:

INSKEEP: At what point did it become apparent to you that you were under investigation?

MCCABE - Question - Steve - Matters

MCCABE: That’s a really complicated question, Steve. And I’m afraid it’s one that I’m not going to be able to answer for you because of the current legal matters that are still underway.

INSKEEP: You’re not going to give me a date. I guess we can note there is an inspector general’s report that said that in 2017, people within the bureau began asking questions of you about your interactions with the media, what disclosures of information you would authorize to The Wall Street Journal.

MCCABE - Yeah

MCCABE: Yeah.

INSKEEP: What can you say about the questions you were asked and the answers you gave?

MCCABE - Things - Conclusions - Recommendations - IG

MCCABE: I have many things that I would like to say about the conclusions and the recommendations of the IG report, and I can’t go through each one of those points with you today because of the current ongoing legal issues and the civil lawsuit that I will be bringing against the Department of Justice. But I will say this. I, at no time, ever intentionally misled the FBI Inspection Division, the Office of Inspector General or, ever, any director of the FBI – not ever. This is not an investigative...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.