AJ Pritchard EXCLUSIVE: Star says dancing with Gorka Marquez allowed him to 'express himself'

Mail Online | 2/20/2019 | Andrew Bullock For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/20/01/10027284-0-image-a-54_1550627645262.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/19/4409215513710082214/1024x576_MP4_4409215513710082214.mp4

AJ Pritchard has reflected on his performance on last year's Strictly Come Dancing with fellow pro dancer Gorka Marquez.

The men performed the Paso Tango on the series, in what was the show's first sex-sex routine, with AJ, 24, telling March's issue of Gay Times that 'the reaction was definitely one hundred percent positive' and that 'it shows how open minded people are'.

Publication - 'It - People - Place - Thought

He told the publication: 'It was great – why wouldn’t it be great? Why would people even think that it wouldn’t be good in the first place? There was not even one negative thought from the pros, from the audience, from everybody that was in production.

'And I think that is what is really so good about a platform that is so powerful, that is Strictly, to have 12 million viewers every Saturday – which is unbelievable and it seems to be growing and growing from year to year – and to be using the platform in such a positive way.'

'I - Reaction - Show

He went on: 'I don’t think we could have anticipated the reaction that it got on the show because it was overwhelming.

'I think for the professionals as well, speaking on our terms it was one of the most powerful numbers. The music was so strong, and the fact that you have the males dancing together and the females dancing together, it was really one of those dances where you could express yourself even more.'

Topic - Coupling - Strictly - Terms - Celebrity/pro

The topic of a same-sex coupling on Strictly - in terms of a celebrity/pro pairing - is one that is brought up annually.

Gay celebrities take part on the show year after year - such as Dr Ranj from 2018 and the likes of Scott Mills, Susan Calman and Judge Rinder in previous years; yet they are always partnered with members of the opposite sex.

AJ

AJ, however, thinks the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: