Hey Moms, This Might Be The Most Important Thing You Read Today

Kristen Welch | 2/19/2019 | Kristen
hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/tim-wright-123155-unsplash-600x400.jpg

She turned off the ignition.

I unlatched my seatbelt.

Door - Towards

Instead of opening her door to get out, she turned towards me.

My friend and I sat in silence in her car for a minute, both mulling over how much to say.

Hour - Coffee - Life - Work - Kids

We had just spent an hour over coffee, catching up on life and work and kids. We spent a lot of time on that last one. Our kids are the same age. She has strong-willed daughters and a sensitive son, too. We have more in common than not. And we talked about those things, but we only shared the happy moments, positive praise. As we sat there, all I could think about was what we didn’t say.

Every season of parenting has its challenges. Facebook memories remind me often of the long, exhausting newborn days and the difficulties that come with determined toddlers. I nod my head when I read about the park tantrums, the stiff backs in the grocery store, the red patent shoes with jeans because mom is picking her battles. I raise my fist in solidarity when I read these status updates from weary moms because I have been there.

Days - Parent

I survived and some days even thrived.It’s easy to look back and tell another parent, you will make it.

But it’s a lot harder to confess what you’re going through while you’re going through it. Because while we sipped lattes, the weight of worry in this parenting season was crushing the joy right out of me and I silently wondered if it was doing the same to her.

Throat

She cleared her throat and said, “Parenting can crush us, can’t...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur
Tagged: