Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/Jussie-Smollett-Getty-1.jpg
The two men who participated in the allegedly staged attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett told Chicago police that the singer-actor was behind “creating” a threatening letter sent to him on the set of the program, according to a report.
Chicago’s local CBS affiliate, WBBM Channel 2, reports Smollett allegedly “orchestrated” the racist and homophobic assault on himself after the letter failed to evoke a large enough reaction.
Development - ABC - News - Tuesday - FBI
The development comes after ABC News reported Tuesday that the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service officials are investigating whether Smollett was involved in the letter’s January 22 delivery. The letter, which contained powered aspired and the phrase “Die black ****,” is currently undergoing tests at an FBI crime lab.
In a statement to CNN, Chicago police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said that a HAZMAT team had been sent to Cinespace Studios, where the show was being filmed, upon the letter’s discovery.
Police - Re-question - Smollett - Allegations - Attack
Police are seeking to re-question Smollett amid allegations that he staged the attack with the brothers — Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo — who were extras on Empire. Anna Kavanagh, a press representative for Smollett, said Monday that the actor has no plans to meet with police and that his lawyers would keep an “active dialogue” going with authorities on his behalf.
On Saturday evening, CBS Chicago’s Charlie De...
Wake Up To Breaking News!