Mandy Moore Had "No Sense of Self" During Ryan Adams Marriage: "I Was So Lonely With Him"

POPSUGAR Celebrity | 2/19/2019 | Britt Stephens
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/6FBALp5hM7NtWB-HfDdn7G2MWUA/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/02/19/999/n/1922398/b903c8eb5c6c8a224f3ee7.86175339_.jpg

Mandy Moore was one of a handful of women quoted in a recent New York Times exposé about musician Ryan Adams and his alleged history of sexual harassment and indecency. The This Is Us star, who was married to the singer-songwriter from 2009 to 2015, revealed details of Adams's behavior during their marriage, alleging that he was "psychologically abusive" and effectively stalled her music career. Moore also revealed that music was "a point of control" for Adams: "He would always tell me, 'You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument,'" she said.

Related:

Monday - Moore - WTF - Marc - Maron

On Monday, Moore appeared on the WTF With Marc Maron podcast to discuss the NYT piece and give more backstory to their "entirely unhealthy dynamic." "I was living my life for him," she said of Adams, whom she met when she was 23 and he was a decade older. "Oh, I had no sense of self. I was imperceptible; I was so small in my own world." Moore also gave insight into her state of mind during their marriage, saying she felt a "drowning" feeling. "It was so untenable and unsustainable, and it was so lonely. I was so sad. I was lonely with him." Moore revealed that her initial connection to Adams came at a time when she felt "out of control," citing the dissolution of her parents' own marriage...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Celebrity
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.