We Murder with Words Unsaid

Desiring God | 2/20/2019 | Greg Morse
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/accomplices-to-soul-murder-9q651y4p-en/landscape/accomplices-to-soul-murder-9q651y4p-568df640748312a92123726e9fd026bc.jpg?ts=1549987024&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

Never have so few words haunted me so.

In the dream, I sat in a balcony before the judgment seat of God. Two magnificent beings dragged the man before the throne. He fell in terror. All shivered as the Almighty pronounced judgment upon him. As the powerful beings took the quaking man away, I saw his face — a face I knew well.

Man - Sports - School - Friends - Life

I grew up with this man. We played sports together, went to school together, were friends in this life — yet here he stood, alone in death. He looked at me with indescribable horror. All he could say, as they led him away — in a voice I cannot forget — “You knew?”

The two quivering words held both a question and accusation.

Study - Reports - Half - Christian - Millennials

A recent study reports that nearly half of all self-professed Christian millennials believe it’s wrong to share their faith with close friends and family members of different beliefs. On average, these millennials had four close, non-believing loved ones — four eternal souls — that would not hear the gospel from them. What a horror. “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?” (Romans 10:14). Incredibly, the eternity of human souls, under God, depends on the instrumentality of fellow human voices. Voices that increasingly will not speak.

But what about the rest of us? How many people in our lives — if they stood before God tonight — could ask us the same question? We’ve had thousands of conversations with them, spent countless hours in their presence, laughed, smiled, and cried with them, allowed them to call us “friend” — and yet — haven’t come around to risking the relationship on topics like sin, eternity, Christ, and ****.

We know they lie...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: