‘Stan & Ollie’ Producer to Make TV Series About Joan and Jackie Collins

Variety | 2/19/2019 | Stewart Clarke
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/joan-and-jackie-collins-sony.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

The colorful lives of movie star Joan Collins and her bestselling novelist sister, Jackie, will be dramatized in a TV series. Sony-backed Fable Pictures, the British film and TV producer behind “Stan & Ollie,” will make the series, having secured the TV rights to the Collinses’ story.

The series, which has the working title “Joan & Jackie,” will trace the sisters’ journeys from postwar London to Hollywood stardom as Alexis Carrington in “Dynasty” and literary fame as the author of “Valley of the Dolls,” respectively. No broadcaster or platform is officially attached yet, but Sony Pictures Television will take the six-part show out internationally.

Team - Story - Jackie - Joan - Collins

“I am delighted that such a prestigious team wants to tell our story, and I know my sister Jackie would be as excited as I am to be involved,” Joan Collins said.

Jackie died in 2015, but her daughters have given their approval to the series. “Our...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.