Al Sharpton says Jussie Smollett should be held accountable if attack was staged

Mail Online | 2/18/2019 | Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/18/17/9966280-0-image-a-9_1550512021565.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/15/6521096179177966293/1024x576_MP4_6521096179177966293.mp4

The Reverend Al Sharpton believes Jussie Smollett should be held accountable 'to the maximum' if it is found that the Empire actor staged a homophobic and racist attack on himself.

Sharpton was addressing the incident on Sunday after Chicago police said they were still seeking a follow-up interview with Smollett after receiving new information that 'shifted' their investigation of the reported attack.

Police - Brothers - Abimbola - 'Abel - Olabinjo

It shifted after police questioned two Nigerian brothers, Abimbola 'Abel' and Olabinjo 'Ola' Osundairo, following allegations Smollett paid them $3,500 to assault him in an orchestrated, rehearsed attack.

Sharpton, a civil rights leaders, said the alleged attack on Smollett was a 'reminder of the times we live in' when it was first reported on January 30.

Reverend - Rebuke - Sunday

The Democratic reverend doubled down on his rebuke of it on Sunday.

'I, among many others when hearing of the report, said that the reports were horrific and that we should come with all that we can come with in law enforcement to find out what happened and the guilty should suffer the maximum,' Sharpton said on MSNBC's PoliticsNation.

'I - Smollett - Gentlemen - Way - Something

'I still maintain that. And if it is that Smollett and these gentlemen did in some way perpetuate something that is not true, they ought to face accountability to the maximum.

He added, however, the it was not a 'left wing hoax' like some had claimed on social media because even President Trump had condemned the incident.

Smollett - Gay - Month - Men - Slurs

Smollett, who is black and gay, has said he was physically attacked last month by two masked men shouting racial and anti-gay slurs and 'This is MAGA country!'

He said they looped a rope around his neck before running away as he was returning home from an early morning stop at a Subway restaurant in downtown Chicago.

Smollett - Kind - Chemical

Smollett said they also poured some kind of chemical on him.

Reports emerged...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!