‘My Grandfather Used to Say He Saw Demons’ Marks Sardinha em Lata’s Animation Build

Variety | 2/18/2019 | Emilio Mayorga
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/my-grandfather-used-to-say-he-saw-demons-3-horizontal-image.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Portuguese animator-producer-director Nuno Beato, whose credits include “Emma & Gui,” “Híssis” and the multi-prized “My Life In Your Hands,” will pitch a new project, currently in development, “My Grandfather Used to Say He Saw Demons” at Bordeaux’s upcoming Cartoon Movie, the leading European animated feature forum.

Cartoon Movie runs March 5-7.

Stop-motion - Grandfather - Rosa - Designer - Life

Combining 2D and stop-motion, “My Grandfather” turns on Rosa, a successful designer who feels her life has little point. The sudden death of her grandfather, who raised her, leaves her with the feeling that she didn’t give back all the love she received from him. Rosa returns to her family home and discovers letters and clues that help her to be at one with herself while repairing her grandfather’s mistakes.

The contrast between a mechanical lifestyle in the city and Rosa’s search for her grandfather’s memories as well as meaning to her own life is underlined by the film’s two animation techniques. In the first part, a 2D animation shows Rosa as a successful and lonely woman. Once in Portugal, where she was born and raised, stop-motion procedures...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!