Jussie Smollett Attack Investigation Takes a Major Turn: Everything We Know

E! Online | 2/17/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2019030/rs_600x600-190130150315-600-jussie-smollett.cm.13019.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

He recalls the incident and its aftermath, saying one of his attackers told him, "This MAGA country, n----r' and he punched me in the face, so I punched his **** back, then we started tussling. It was very icy and we ended up tussling by the stairs."

Smollett says that after the men fled, he noticed he had a rope around his neck, and he started screaming.

Bleach - Smell - Bleach - Sweatshirt - Marks

"I smelled bleach, I know the smell of bleach, and I saw on my sweatshirt, it had marks on it, like spots on it when you have a bad bleach job," he continues. "I was like, there's bleach on me too. So when the police came, I kept the clothes on, I kept the rope..it wasn't like wrapped around, but yeah it was around because I wanted them to see, I wanted them to see what this was."

When asked why he hesitated to call the police after the attack, Smollett tears up, saying, "There's a level of pride there. We live in a society where, as a gay man, you are considered somehow, to be weak, and I'm not weak. I am not weak. And we, as a people, are not weak."

People - Surveillance - Image - Attackers - Smollett

When asked if he believes the two people in the released surveillance image could be his attackers, Smollett says, "I do...'cause I was there. For me when that was released, I was like OK, we are getting somewhere. I don't have any doubt in my mind that that's them. I never did."

Smollett also says police wanted him to give his phone to their tech for three to four hours.

Pictures - Videos - Partner - Number - Family

"I'm sorry but...I'm not gonna do that," he says. "Because I have private pictures and videos and numbers—my partner's number, my family's number, my cast mate's number,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!