Colossians as Cornerstone 3

Blog & Mablog | 2/16/2019 | Douglas Wilson
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Plant-From-Bible.png

INTRODUCTION:

There was a church in Laodicea also, about ten miles from Colossae. Paul mentions that church in this passage, and a lost letter to them is referred to later in this book (Col. 4:16). This church at Laodicea had fallen on hard times by the time the Lord Jesus addresses them directly in the book of Revelation, where He had nothing good to say of them as a church. Nevertheless, there were some there who could still hear His voice (Rev. 3:20). The door where Jesus is famously knocking is not the door of the heart, but rather the door of a church. The people in the church who can hear it should really answer the door.

TEXT

THE TEXT:

“For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words . . .” (Col. 2:1-23).

SUMMARY - THE - TEXT

SUMMARY OF THE TEXT:

Paul had not met these believers, or those in Laodicea, and he wishes they knew the conflicts he had had on their behalf (v. 1). These conflicts were apparently instances of wrestling in prayer, where he expressed the desire that their hearts might be comforted, that they might be knit together in love, and into a full assurance (v. 2). As they were knit into this understanding of Christ, they find that in Him are all treasures of wisdom and understanding (v. 3). He wants...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!