Performer of the Week: Olivia Williams

TVLine | 2/16/2019 | Team TVLine
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/counterpart-olivia-williams.jpg?w=620

THE PERFORMANCE | While Counterpart was set in motion by the meeting of the two Howards, we didn’t dare hope to get a scene between Emily and Emily Prime. Yet most fortuitously, in this season’s (and perhaps the series’) penultimate hour, Olivia Williams was broadcast to us in stereo, and what beautiful music it was.

In an Interchange meet-up that she had arranged, Emily warned her other that Mira, as “the final part of her plan,” was setting a trap for the two Managements, who were scheduled for a rare in-person meeting. When asked by Prime about her deeper involvement in Indigo’s network of terrorists, Emily confessed, “I created them,” by sitting on, at Management’s request, evidence that our world created the flu that decimated the other one. Mira’s people eventually came across the volatile report and used it to “radicalize a whole generation” — all after Emily meekly “took a paycheck” for her silence.

Emily - Williams - Expression - Shame - Affection

As Emily, Williams’ expression shifted from shame to almost affection as she scooted her chair forward and reached out to her other (“I always wondered what this would be like, up close”), only to have her hand swatted away. As Prime, Williams roared with questions about how often her other “wandered about” in her life, associating with her daughter. In response, Emily wondered aloud why Prime was so absent from Anna’s life. “There was this gaping hole where you should have been,” she remarked. That said, Emily made certain that Prime knew her value as a mother: “Anna is a credit to you, not me,” she warmly noted.

Before bidding each other adieu, Emily spoke of the deal she struck — this intel for Howard’s return. Insecurity and fear then washed over Williams’ face as Emily asked, “May I have my husband back? Do you think I’ve already...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!