Jussie Smollett Attack: Arrested Individuals Released Due to "New Evidence"

The Hollywood Reporter | 2/16/2019 | Katie Kilkenny
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2019/02/_jussie_smollett-v2-getty-h_2019.jpg

"The individuals questioned by police in the #Empire case have now been released without charging," a Chicago PD representative said on Friday.

The individuals arrested on Friday by Chicago police in regards to the Jussie Smollett attack have been released without charging due to "new evidence."

EMPIRE - CASE - UPDATE - Due - Evidence

"EMPIRE CASE UPDATE: Due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the #Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete," Chicago PD deputy director of news affairs and communications Tom Ahern tweeted on Friday.

Two men were arrested Friday morning in the case of the alleged assault, but were not charged with a crime. The arrests came one day after the Chicago police said that they had identified two "persons of interest" in the case; CBS Chicago had previously reported that on Wednesday night police raided the homes of two persons of interest in the attack.

Developments - Report - Empire - Actor - Case

The developments come amid a report that the Empire actor's case was being investigated as a hoax, an...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Hollywood Reporter
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.