Trump Talks About Fighting the Swamp: ‘I Am Learning’

Breitbart | 2/15/2019 | Staff
morica (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/McConnell-Trump-Ryan-Nicholas-Kamm-AFPGetty-Images-.jpg

President Donald Trump suggested Friday that he is learning not to trust GOP leaders as he pushes for the border wall and promotes his popular pro-American trade and immigration agendas.

“Would have been great to do it earlier,” Trump said about the 2019 appropriation of $1.375 billion for building 55 miles of border wall. He continued his veiled criticism of GOP leaders in Congress:

Job - Profession - Disappointment - Year-and-a-half - People

I was a little new to the job, little new to the profession and we had a little disappointment for the first year-and-a-half. People that should have stepped up didn’t step up. They didn’t step up and they should have. Would have been easy … it would have been a lot easier [than now]. But some people didn’t step up. We’re stepping up now. We have a chance of getting close to $8 billion, whether it’s $8 billion or $2 billion, or $1.5 billion it’s going to build a lot of walls. we’re getting it done. We’re right now in construction with walls in some of the most important areas, and we have renovated a tremendous amount of wall.

The admission came during the February 15 press conference in the Rose Garden, shortly before Trump signed the 2019 spending bill. The law may allow construction of just 55 miles of border wall, it curbs enforcement, and it offers an amnesty option to any illegals who offer to care for some of the children and teenagers who are smuggled into the United States as “Unaccompanied Alien Children.”

Response - Question - Trump

In a response to a question, Trump said “I am learning”:

I never did politics before. Now I do politics. I will tell you I’m very disappointed at certain people, particularly one, for not having pushed this faster. but I’ve learned.

Speaker - Paul - Ryan

[Was it former] Speaker [Paul] Ryan?

Let’s not talk about it, what difference does it make?...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: