Parkland Student Activist, Father of Victim Reflect on Year Fighting for School Safety

The Daily Signal | 2/14/2019 | Staff
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/PollackKashuvTDS.jpg

One year after the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 students and staff dead, Kyle Kashuv and Andrew Pollack have emerged as two of the most prominent and outspoken critics of Broward County officials and defenders of the Second Amendment.

Pollack, who lost his daughter Meadow, 18, in the massacre on Feb. 14, 2018, founded the grassroots organization Americans for CLASS (Children’s Lives and School Safety) and refers to his movement online with the hashtag #FixIt.

Shooting - Marjory - Stoneman - Douglas - High

The shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in which 17 others were wounded, left many families irreparably changed. The Broward County school system has been in turmoil for the past year.

“Accountability, accountability, accountability” is how Pollack describes his work since last February.

War - Year - Broward - Corrupt - Officials

“We’ve been in a war this past year against Broward’s corrupt elected officials,” he told The Daily Signal. “They failed to stop the shooter, failed to confront the shooter, and are now failing to work for the community. Everything is a cover-up, and the media got the story dreadfully wrong.”

Pollack, who turns 53 on Feb. 18, added:

School - Board - Superintendent - Actions - Sheriff

I’m always working. I never stop. Right now, I’m working on making sure that the school board and superintendent are held accountable for their actions. I’m here, ready to help the new sheriff and governor with whatever they need. Just fighting day in and day out for accountability. That’s my life now—accountability.

Pollack said Broward’s school board and superintendent have “mismanaged money and facilitated disastrous discipline programs.”

Daughter - Today - House

“If not for them, my daughter would still be with us today,” he said. “In short, we need to clean house.”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, this week asked the Florida Supreme Court to have a grand jury investigate school safety practices throughout the state and how officials have followed them, specifically Broward’s response to the Parkland shooting.

Pollack

Pollack...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!