Mother who thought her Slimming World diet was working is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 

Mail Online | 1/6/2018 | Peter Lloyd for MailOnline
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/15/10/9854194-0-image-a-20_1550224984752.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/15/3116322458827732942/1024x576_MP4_3116322458827732942.mp4

A mother-of-three was left devastated when her impressive weight loss turned out to be stage two pancreatic cancer.

Liz Oakley, 65, from East Kilbride, Scotland, felt 'smug' when she noticed the pounds dropping off after she embarked on a low-fat diet in October 2017.

December - Hue

But, by the following December, she began feeling nauseous, with her urine turning an unusually dark hue.

By January last year, her skin had yellowed, leaving her looking 'tangoed', which prompted her to see a doctor.

Shock - Diagnosis - January - Brush - Cancer

She was then given the shock diagnosis on January 6 - her third brush with cancer after she battled the disease in her breasts in 2007 and 2012.

Following surgery to remove her pancreas and six months of chemo, Ms Oakley is no longer receiving treatment but doctors cannot guarantee the disease will not return.

Ms - Oakley - 'I - Person

Ms Oakley said: 'I am a resilient person, but this knocked the stuffing out of me. It came from nowhere.

'I was referred to hospital and doctors said they’d found a blockage. I have no idea how, but in that moment, I just knew. I told them, "It’s cancer, isn’t it?"

'I - Stage - Disease

'I was told I was stage two, but if I’d waited much longer, I wouldn’t be here now. That’s how quick this disease is.'

Ms Oakley, who has three grown-up children - Louise, 35, Peter, 33, and Aiden, 30 - fought off breast cancer with radiotherapy and then a mastectomy.

Years - Health - Weight - End

After enjoying a few years of good health, she started losing weight at the end of 2017.

'I had joined a slimming group a couple of months before, so I was happy, as I thought it was working very well,' Ms Oakley said.

'I - People - Mince - Pies - Christmas

'I was actually feeling quite smug, telling people it was because I hadn’t snacked on any mince pies before Christmas as I usually would.'

By the end of December, feeling nauseous...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...