Sanders Called Omar to Provide ‘Personal Support’ Amid Outrage Over Anti-Semitism

Washington Free Beacon | 2/14/2019 | Mikhael Smits
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Bernie-Sanders.jpg

BY: Mikhael Smits

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I. Vt.) pledged on several phone calls to stand by Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) as she navigates the anti-Semitism quandary she's created, according to reports Thursday.

Insider - Thursday - Morning - Sanders - Jewish

Jewish Insider reported Thursday morning that Sanders, who is Jewish, shared his support with participants of on an off-the-record conference call.

"I talked to Ilhan last night to give her my personal support," Sanders reportedly said. "We will stand by our Muslim brothers and sisters."

Jim - Zogby - Host - Call - Details

Jim Zogby, the host of the call, declined to provide any other details. Zogby is co-chair of the DNC’s Ethnic Council and founder of the Arab American Institute.

Omar has been under scrutiny this week after she wrote a series of ill-advised tweets concerning Jewish Americans, Israel, and the United States government. Omar peddled in anti-Semitic stereotypes, mischaracterized a pro-Israel lobbying group, and garnered praise from the former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. In a tweet Sunday afternoon, Omar shared a tweet from far-left journalist Glenn Greenwald. Greenwald claimed McCarthy was "defending a foreign nation' and "attacking free speech rights of Americans."

Reply - Omar - Officials - Israel - Interest

In reply, Omar claimed elected officials acted for Israel out of financial interest. "It's all about the Benjamins baby," she said. The reference is to $100 bills, which have Benjamin Franklin's face on the front.

When asked who she thinks "is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel," Omar replied, "AIPAC!"

AIPAC - Israel - Public - Affairs - Committee

AIPAC, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, is not a political action committee (PAC). It is prohibited by law from donating to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!