Trump Credits Project Safe Neighborhoods With Drop in Homicides During His Administration

CNS News | 2/14/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/trump_safe_neighborhoods.png

(CNSNews.com) - In the two years since President Donald Trump took office, murders in the largest U.S. cities dropped by six percent, the president announced Wednesday.

In a speech at the Major County Sheriffs and Cities Chiefs Association Joint Conference, Trump credited the Project Safe Neighborhoods program with the drop in homicides during his administration.

Office - Years - Priorities - Crime - Years

“When I took office two years ago, one of my highest priorities was to reduce violent crime. In the two years before my inauguration, violent crime increased by eight percent nationwide, and murders were up more than 20 percent,” he said.

“The cornerstone of our strategy is revitalizing one of the most effective crime reduction initiatives in history - Project Safe Neighborhoods. This program brings together law enforcement, community groups and local leaders to get the most violent offenders in the most dangerous areas off our streets and put them behind bars as quickly and easily as possible,” the president said.

Trump - Congress - Funding - Project - Safe

Trump is calling on Congress to provide additional funding for the Project Safe Neighborhoods program.

“Last year, we secured $50 million in funding Project Safe Neighborhoods, and I am proud to announce we are asking Congress for even more funding this year, and we’ll get it. We’ve deployed nearly 200 new violent crime prosecutors across our country,” he said.

Administration - Criminals - History - Country - Sentence

“In 2018, my administration prosecuted more violent criminals than ever before in the history of our country, and we’ve increased the average sentence for drug trafficking to its highest...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!