Son of victims in burglary before A40 crash tells of family's terror

Mail Online | 2/14/2019 | Shekhar Bhatia, Richard Spillett And Rod Ardehali For Mailonline
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/13/12/9765930-0-image-a-4_1550060205527.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/12/3955705325831568901/1024x576_MP4_3955705325831568901.mp4

A man whose house was raided by burglars before two people died in a police car chase has revealed his family are 'severely traumatised' by their terrifying ordeal.

Speaking from his house on the rundown estate in Pinner, north London, which is littered with abandoned mattresses and cars, he said none of the family wanted to be named for fear of reprisals.

Shauna - McDonagh - Husband - Patrick - Suspects

Seven-months pregnant newlywed Shauna McDonagh and her husband Patrick, who are suspects in the robbery, were later killed when the car they were travelling in smashed head on into a coach while going the wrong way down the A40.

Clearly shaken by events, he spoke of his relief that no-one in their family had been injured despite being threatened with knives.

Couple - Car - Chase - God - Judge

But when asked about the young couple who died in the subsequent car chase, he replied: 'Let God be their judge. Life is precious.'

The son said the Rambo knife-wielding raiders dragged his mother down her stairs while demanding jewellery.

'They

He said: 'They told her that if she didn't stop screaming they would kill me.

'I got up to confront him but he held the blade to my throat and shouted 'sit the f*** down'. I said 'take whatever you want, just please don't hurt my parents'.'

Members - Family - Window - Callers - Home

As he spoke members of the family peered out of a tiny window looking anxiously at callers to their home.

Mr McDonagh, 19, and his wife, 18, who got married just 11 weeks ago, were pronounced dead at the scene after their car smashed head on into a coach while they were driving on the wrong side of the A40 dual carriageway.

Baby - Girl - April - Crash - Person

Their unborn baby girl, who was due in April, is not believed to have survived the crash. A third person in the car was taken to hospital and has since been arrested on suspicion...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!