ABRAMS CLEARLY ANSWERS ‘NO’ — REP. OMAR SAYS ‘I’LL TAKE THAT AS A YES’ ANYWAY

The Daily Caller | 6/1/1984 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/omar-e1550097881645.jpg

When asked whether he thinks the El Mozote massacre in El Salvador “was a fabulous achievement that happened under [the United States’] watch,” Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar listened as Elliott Abrams clearly said, “No,” then nodded her head and said, “I’ll take that as a ‘yes.'”

WATCH:

Exchange - Omar - Abrams - Place - House

The testy exchange between Omar and Abrams took place during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Wednesday about the situation in Venezuela.

It began with Omar addressing Abrams by the wrong name: Adams. She then brought up his involvement in the Iran-Contra deal, saying, “I fail to understand why members of this committee of the American people should find any testimony that you give today to be truthful.”

Freshman - Congresswoman - El - Mozote - Massacre

The freshman congresswoman went on to describe the El Mozote massacre — nearly 1,000 killed by U.S.-trained and equipped forces — and followed with a query as to whether Abrams still believed, as he had said in the past, that the U.S. policy regarding El Salvador was a “fabulous achievement.”

“From the day...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!