Motor Racing: Stroll Ready To Take A Lead Role In The Family F1 Business

www.oann.com | 2/13/2019 | Staff
TORONTO (Reuters) – Lance Stroll may be the favored son at Racing Point, the Formula One team his billionaire father Lawrence bought last year, but the Canadian will still have to deliver the goods for the family business.

The 20-year-old driver, a veteran of two seasons with Williams, cannot expect an easy ride from Mexican team mate Sergio Perez either.

Pairing - Boss - Son - Veteran - Team

The pairing of the boss’s son with the 29-year-old veteran who was with the Silverstone-based team in their previous incarnation as Force India, could be both intriguing and potentially explosive this season.

Stroll, who has long chafed at the suggestion his progress owes much to parental cash, told Reuters at a team livery launch on Wednesday that he was ready to roll his sleeves up for his new team.

Family - Business - Lawrence - Stroll - Turf

“It’s a family business. He (Lawrence Stroll) has put me on the turf and I have to get my hands dirty,” he said.

“I’m not kicking my feet up in my chair, I am going to be hustling and it is a great opportunity for me as a racing driver, a big stepping stone in my career.

Opportunity - Father - Stroll - Family - Heart

“It’s a great opportunity for my father and the Stroll family, we are putting our heart and soul into Racing Point. He has been in my corner since day one and to be working alongside him is an amazing opportunity.”

With a Canadian owner, a Canadian driver and several Canadian sponsors, Racing Point made history at the Canadian International Autoshow on Wednesday as the first Formula One team to launch in North America.

Relationship - Perez

While the relationship between Perez...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!