As Republicans Press Trump to Sign Border Deal, He Thanks Them for Dealing With 'Radical Left'

CNS News | 2/13/2019 | Staff
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/trump-elpaso-build-wall-joe_raedle_0.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - In a late night tweet Tuesday, President Trump thanked the Republicans who negotiated a border security deal he does not like -- but which Republican leaders are urging him to sign:

"I want to thank all Republicans for the work you have done in dealing with the Radical Left on Border Security. Not an easy task, but the Wall is being built and will be a great achievement and contributor toward life and safety within our Country!"

Tuesday - Trump - Was - Concept - Parameters

Earlier on Tuesday, Trump tweeted: "Was just presented the concept and parameters of the Border Security Deal by hard working Senator Richard Shelby. Looking over all aspects knowing that this will be hooked up with lots of money from other sources....Will be getting almost $23 BILLION for Border Security. Regardless of Wall money, it is being built as we speak!"

Also on Tuesday, President Trump told reporters, "I’m not happy about it (the border deal). It’s not doing the trick, but I’m adding things to it, and when you add whatever I have to add, it’s all going to happen where we’re going to build a beautiful, big, strong wall that’s not going to let criminals and traffickers and drug dealers and drugs into our country.”

Tuesday - News - Conference - Senate - Republican

At a Tuesday news conference, Senate Republican leaders urged Trump to sign the bill, which gives him only $1.375 billion for barrier construction, far less than the $5.7 billion he requested.

Nevertheless, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said he thinks Shelby and Democrat negotiators "on a bipartisan basis have done a good job."

Republicans - Deal - Light

He and other Republicans painted the deal in a positive light:

"I think he's got a pretty good deal here, you know?" McConnell said. "The speaker said there wouldn't be a dollar for a wall. Well, I guess we're going to have an argument now about what's a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...