How Can You Be Satisfied on Valentine’s Day (And for the Rest of Your Life)?

Biblical Counseling Coalition | 2/13/2019 | Deepak Reju
chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/BlogPic-2.12.2019.png

Valentine’s Day is upon us again. Commercials abound with sweethearts holding hands and staring into each others’ eyes. Husbands and boyfriends rush to Harris Teeter for a last-minute pick-up of chocolate and flowers. And of course, there’s a special dinner with a special someone.

Yet, you are alone…again.

Possibilities - Valentine - Day

Consider three possibilities for Valentine’s Day.

Option 1: To feel better about yourself, you let any guy take you out. Better to be out with someone than to be home alone.

Option - Way - Reality - Year

Option 2: You find a way to distract yourself because you don’t want to face the painful reality of another year passing without being married.

Which one describes you? Are you participating in this Hallmark holiday with a meaningless guy or avoiding it altogether?

Option - Group - Girlfriends - Plight - Strength

There is also option 3: You go out with a group of girlfriends who have the same plight. You find there is strength in numbers. You might be tempted to wallow in self-pity together and even mock men (although you all really want to be with them!).

But none of these possibilities are very satisfying, are they?

Jesus

Is Jesus What You Need?

I will admit that the truth can feel hollow when your heart-longings sound like this:

Someone - Rest - Life

If I don’t find someone, I’ll be alone for the rest of my life.

If I don’t get married, I’ll become an old spinster.

Children

I’m never going to have children, and that hurts.

I’ve got body parts that will never be used for their intended purposes.

God - God

I keep wondering, “God, have you forgotten me?” or “God, don’t you care?”

Why has God given my friends husbands and not me?

Something

Is there something wrong with me?

Can you relate to any of these thoughts? Facing Valentine’s Day alone can be painful and hard. It’s no surprise that there is a war raging in your heart.

God - Son - Years

If God sent His Son to die for you 2,000 years ago, if He...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Biblical Counseling Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!