Valentine's Day gifts starting at $10: 11 unconventional gifts for her

CNET | 2/12/2019 | Rebecca Fleenor
marikamarika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/FtN-zWBjvXKGEnMx_riBLUw39k4=/2019/02/02/c3e652e3-449a-4c81-828b-3c1cb4778a7e/dollars-money-valentines-1.jpg

Now, you won't find flowers or chocolates on this list -- not that they're a bad idea, I'm just sure you can figure out for yourselves. Instead, I've collected a few of my favorite things: Every single item on this list I have purchased for myself or was once gifted to me, so at least one human female can vouch for their awesomeness.

Before we begin, a few general tips:

Doubt - Gray - Everything

When in doubt, buy it in black or dark gray. Even white is controversial. Please apply this to advice literally everything you purchase for another human being.

Don't cheap out, especially on candy or flowers. High-quality candy is actually a reasonable Valentine's Day gift. But if you are on a budget, check out Rick Broida's Survive Valentine's Day 2019 on a limited budget, which has some thoughtful alternatives that won't break the bank.

Gift - Gifts - Theme - Book - Bottle

If you don't know what to buy, opt for two small themed gifts one more expensive gift. Two gifts on theme (like a cocktail-making book and a bottle of alcohol) appear like you put more thought into the gift than just a single random one. Likewise, don't think getting any one item below is the beginning and end of your gift journey.

Know the one you're with -- and adjust accordingly. All women love flowers, chocolate and scented candles -- except for all the ones who don't. All women love long walks on the beach -- except those who prefer to ski. All women hate video games -- except the ones smoking you in Fortnite. You see what I'm saying: Make sure you customize your gift ideas to her, not to some generic stereotype.

Point - Mind - Items - List

To that same point: Keep in mind that I opted not include more intimate items on my list, because I believe you should probably be making...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!