Mommy blogger Sonni Abatta slams 'cheat day' lunch box and diet culture

Mail Online | 2/12/2019 | Carly Stern For Dailymail.com
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/12/18/9733182-0-image-a-35_1549996471306.jpg

An Orlando-based mommy blogger was 'sickened' when she was out shopping and found a girly pink lunch box with the words 'CHEAT DAY' written across the front.

Sonni Abatta was at a Nordstrom Rack when she stumbled upon the pink zip-up lunch tote, which is made by a brand called Slant Collections.

Post - Facebook - Culture - Fact - Girls

Furious and frustrated, she penned a now-viral post on Facebook, decrying diet culture and the fact that even young girls are now being targeted by such unhealthy messages about their bodies and eating habits.

Sonni also posted her thoughts on her blog, adding a picture of the lunch tote hanging on a display.

Picture - Today - Girl - Lunchbox - Sale

'See this? This is a picture I snapped today of a little girl's lunchbox that I saw for sale at a popular department store,' she wrote.

'Why do I say it's marketed toward little girls? It's pink, it has sequins and it was surrounded by other girls' merchandise. So, safe to say that it's aimed at our daughters.'

SICKENED - Phrase - Lunch - Box

'I am SICKENED that this phrase is on a lunch box.

'We scratch our heads when we see our little girls struggle with body image, with self worth, with confidence.

Wonder - Girls - Bodies - Year - Call

'We wonder, "Why do our girls worry so much about their bodies so young?" ... "Why does my five year old call herself 'fat?'" ... "Why does my middle schooler stand in front of the mirror and find all her flaws?"

'THIS. This is part of the reason why.

World - Girls - Something - % - Turn

'Our world is telling our girls that it's "cheating" if they eat something that's not 100% fat-free and perfectly healthy. In turn, that tells them that self-control and denying herself is to be valued above all.

'And that if she dares to step outside of the foods that will keep her perfectly slim and trim, then she is by default "cheating" and needs to feel some...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!