First female Viper demo team pilot removed from position after 2 weeks

Fox News | 2/12/2019 | Katherine Lam
Kezzerxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/02/Capt-Kotnik.jpg

The United States Air Force has removed Capt. Zoe Kotnik from her position as the head of the Air Combat Command F-16 Viper demonstration team.

The first female pilot to head the Air Combat Command F-16 Viper demonstration team was relieved of command Monday due to a “loss of confidence” in her ability to lead, the Air Force said.

Capt - Zoe - Kotnik - Position - Weeks

Capt. Zoe Kotnik was removed from her position after two weeks, Col. Derek O’Malley, the 20th Fighter Wing commander, said in a statement.

“I removed Capt. Kotnik from her position as the commander of the Viper Demo team [Monday], because I lost confidence in her ability to lead the team.” O’Malley said. “I know that loss of confidence is a common response from the Air Force, whenever someone is removed from a command position, and I think it’s important to understand why we take this approach.”

O'Malley - Kotnik - Mistakes - Elaborate - Duties

O’Malley alluded to Kotnik making mistakes but did not further elaborate on exactly what led to her being relieved of her duties. He said he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!