A hearse carrying 90-year-old woman's body is struck by speeding driver high on opioids

Mail Online | 2/11/2019 | Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/12/20/9738136-0-image-a-28_1550005020991.jpg

One family's celebration of life ended in tragedy on Friday, after a DUI driver crashed into a hearse carrying their grandmother to her final place of rest and caused the vehicle to flip over three times.

Troy Hickey, 24, was arrested by police in Lilburn, Georgia, on Friday after he allegedly ignored their instructions to come to a stop and ploughed directly into a funeral procession.

Severity - Impact - Evelyn - Mary - Osborne

The severity of the impact caused a hearse carrying 90-year-old Evelyn Mary Osborne's body to flip over three times, before crashing back down onto its wheels, witnesses said.

Two funeral directors who were in the vehicle were badly injured and rushed to hospital.

Hickey - Wreckage - Car - Police - Pulse

Pulling Hickey from the wreckage of his car, police noticed a visible pulse on the side of his neck and a trail of white froth emanating from the side of his mouth.

When questioned, Hickey reportedly told police he had used the synthetic opioid methadone three weeks ago, but the arresting officer noticed 'fresh track marks' on his arms.

Hickey - Stages - Sobriety - Test - Scene

Hickey failed several stages of a sobriety test and was arrested at the scene.

'He hit it so fast and hard, it sounded like he'd gone through a brick wall,' Pastor Virginia Holland Davis told WSB-TV.

Limousine - Osborne - Family - Horror - Mother

Travelling behind in a limousine, the Osborne family watched on in horror as their mother's coffin hurtled through the air.

'Whenever I close my eyes, that's what I see - my mother tumbling,' Norma Osborne Stanley told the TV station. 'Every time I close my eyes'.

Stanley - Mother - Family - Death - Incident

Stanley says her mother even protected her family in death, insisting the incident could've 'been a lot worse', had Hickey's car...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.
Tagged: