‘The Gifted’ Showrunner Matt Nix Thinks Season 3 Could Move to Streaming [Interview]

/Film | 2/12/2019 | Fred Topel
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/thegifted-season2-banner.jpg

Matt Nix created the X-Men TV series The Gifted for Fox. He has previously spoken with /Film before season 1 and season 2. This new season has introduced Reeva Payge and the Inner Circle as new foils for the Mutant Underground.

At the Fox party for the Television Critics Association this month, Nix spoke with /Film again about the rest of the season and where he sees The Gifted going in the future. There’s a good chance it won’t stay on Fox.

Season - Finale

Where are we going headed into the season finale?

Well, over the course of the season, obviously we’ve seen the Purifiers ramping up at the same time that the Inner Circle’s ramping up. Those tensions are going to come to a head in a big way. Basically, as we head into the finale, we begin to see what is the nature of this relationship between Reeva and Benedict Ryan. What is the future they’re trying to create for our nation and our world.

Are - Characters - End - Season

Are you introducing any new characters before the end of season two?

Nothing major. We’re making some big moves but there are no major character reveals as I recall. There are some new characters but nothing huge.

Book - Characters

Not major comic book characters?

No, not major comic book characters.

Renewal - Sense - Things - Season

They didn’t announce a renewal, but do you have a sense of where things stand for season three?

I think that my sense is that the most likely thing is that if we come back, we’ll come back in some sort of creative way. Some partnership, because I think what we’ve discovered is that fans of The Gifted are big fans of The Gifted. We have a solid fan base and it’s a little small for the broadcast networks. But we do well on streaming so there may be, my hope is that there’s something to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!