Aziz Ansari Got Serious During Comedy Set to Reflect on Sexual Misconduct Allegation

IndieWire | 1/14/2018 | Staff
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/shutterstock_5661925cx.jpg

Aziz Ansari took a break from cracking jokes during his February 11 comedy set at New York City’s Village Underground to get serious for a moment about the sexual misconduct allegation made against him in January 2018. As first reported by Vulture, Ansari said he was hesitant to speak publicly about the “whole thing” because he wanted to take as much time as needed to process the allegation and determine what he wanted to say about it.

“It’s a terrifying thing to talk about,” Ansari told the audience. “There were times I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way. But you know, after a year, how I feel about it is, I hope it was a step forward. It made me think about a lot, and I hope I’ve become a better person.”

Ansari - Friend - Allegation - Ansari - Date

Ansari continued by mentioning a friend who had told him that the allegation against Ansari made him rethink every date he has been on. “If that has made not just me but other guys think about this,” the comedian said, “and just be more thoughtful and aware and willing to go that extra mile, and make sure someone else is comfortable in that moment, that’s a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?