ENSTONE, England (Reuters) – The departure of scandal-hit Renault chairman and chief executive Carlos Ghosn changes nothing for the French carmaker’s involvement in Formula One, team president Jerome Stoll said on Tuesday.
Speaking at the launch of the team’s 2019 car at their English factory, the Renault Sport Racing boss told reporters that the company remained fully committed.
Carlos - Ghosn - Renault - CEO - Thierry
“OK, Carlos Ghosn is gone but (new Renault CEO) Thierry Bollore is a real fan of Formula One,” he said.
“Despite his very busy agenda, he came to (the Renault techno center) in Viry in late December to make an address to all the staff and restate the fact he was a strong sponsor and it was not because Carlos Ghosn was no more the chairman that Renault will limit its commitment to the Formula One competition.
Address - People - Front - Strategy - Same
“He came, he made his address, it was very clear — 200 people in front of him — and he said we are here, the strategy remains the same.”
Renault replaced Ghosn in January, more than two months after his arrest in Japan over allegations of financial misconduct uncovered by Renault’s Japanese partner Nissan, which he also chaired.
Stoll - Year - Place - Successor - Thierry
Stoll, 64, had been due to stand down this year but remained in place after his designated successor Thierry Koskas suddenly left the Renault Group.
Renault finished fourth in Formula One last year and...
Wake Up To Breaking News!