From the Digital Mailbag

Blog & Mablog | 2/12/2019 | Douglas Wilson
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3

PJ, thank you.

Regarding your reference to Numbers and wisdom from a donkey, as my wife says, Donald Trump may be a donkey, but he periodically utters wisdom that exceeds much of what we hear from ordained ministers or biblical counselors. Thank you for addressing modern day problems of pastoral care and biblical counseling.

Ron - Always - Donkeys

Ron, yes. Always listen to the talking donkeys.

Isaiah is especially rich in emotion, exposing the love for his people, in anguish at the judgement he had to proclaim, and joy at glimpses of the Servant he was blessed to proclaim. When I read Isaiah and the other prophets with expectation, the gospel and the letters are not only more clear but more rewarding. The beauty of the mystery, and the trust of the prophet in his distress and joy, and a recognition of the huge advances in human culture since Christ has ruled after the Ascension. Priceless.

Paul - Thanks

Paul, thanks.

This is my first time writing to you and in reference to “Burn All the Schools.” If this isn’t a debatable matter, why aren’t more pastors speaking out against the pandemic capitulation of Christian parents to the godless public school system? I would imagine Christian leaders would have qualms about parents putting their children in a Buddhist or Mormon school, but secular run institutions get a pass, why? The defenses I most often hear are first like you mentioned, “my kids are salt and light” and from almost every pastor I’ve spoken to, “this is an issue that falls under Christian Liberty and families must decide for themselves how they’re going to educate their children.” What do you think it is that keeps more pastors and churches from encouraging a mass exodus of Christians from government schools and what do you think is the most prudent way to go about having...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: