The Mod | “What Happens When Women Walk In Faith” by Lysa TerKeurst

Tuesday, 12 Feb 2019

www.whitehorseinn.org | 2/12/2019 | Staff
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.whitehorseinn.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/When-Women-Walk-In-Faith_1200x628.jpg

My two young daughters who discovered glow sticks a few years ago. Bendable gleaming rods you can wear as bracelets became the craze in our home and an addition to our nighttime routine. My daughters would go to bed with a glow stick around their wrists but would wake up to find the light long gone. In many ways, Lysa TerKeurst’s What Happens When Women Walk in Faith reminds me of those glow sticks.

TerKeurst’s popular book has a definite twinkle—it’s well-organized, easy to read, and packed with encouragement. She wants women to know that God has a dream for them, writing in her introduction: “I believe God gives every woman a dream…that only she is destined to fulfill” (7). Dreams come to fruition as women “walk with God through the phases of faith” (9). The discouraged woman who picks up the book might well leave with fresh motivation to see her dreams come true.

End - Women - Faith - Christ-centered - Reader

In the end however, What Happens When Women Walk in Faith is more inspirational than Christ-centered. So while the reader might leave hopeful, her walk ahead is likely to grow dim with no clear gospel given to light her way.

TerKeurst divides her book into five sections–each covers one of her “Five Phases of Faith.” She writes this: “I want to talk to you about the five phases I’ve identified in the Bible common to people who have stepped out with God in pursuit of their dreams” (8). For TerKeurst, to walk in faith is to travel through five distinct phases: Leaving, Famine, Believing, Death, and Resurrection. Each section of the book comes with four chapters that pull stories from TerKeurst’s family life, ministry pursuits, and Israel’s patriarchs.

Section - Book - Old - Testament - Figure

Each section of the book is loosely characterized by an Old Testament figure. Abraham is our picture for the “leaving phase,”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.whitehorseinn.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!