Book Review of Doubt: Trusting God’s Promises by Elyse Fitzpatrick

Biblical Counseling Coalition | 2/12/2019 | Shannon Kay McCoy
cute16 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Fitzpatrick_Doubt.jpg

As a Christian, do you secretly wrestle with doubt and unbelief? Do you find it difficult to believe that God’s promises are for you? I believe most Christians struggle with doubt at some point in their Christian walk. I know I have. It can be scary and downright discouraging.

Bible-Saturated

Doubt - Trusting - God - Promises - Devotionals

In Doubt: Trusting God’s Promises (31-Day Devotionals for Life), biblical counselor, speaker, and author, Elyse Fitzpatrick embarks on discussing the taboo topic of the doubting Christian. She gives us 31 days to devote time to learn how to do battle with our doubts.

She examines biblical characters who wrestled with doubt to show that we are not alone. She offers daily bible verses, personal reflection questions, and drops truth bombs at the end of each day for us to take away. She is delightfully open and transparent about her own struggles with doubt as she encourages our souls with gospel truth.

Honest

Refreshingly Honest

It is unusual to find Christian authors who expose their own struggles with sin. It is far easier to write about someone else’s sin. However, Elyse opens her soul and writes as if you are sitting with her on her front porch. She lets us know that we are all in the same boat: “Because we are prone to unbelief by nature, doubt is just part of our DNA. Face it: we are, all of us, Doubting Thomases” (p. 11).

Elyse - Heart - Truths - God - Faith

Elyse speaks to your heart and says, “Let me encourage you to think about these truths and to ask God to help you remember. Walking by faith, striving to see what our natural eyes cannot see, is impossible on our own. But we’re not alone. He is with us” (p. 16).

As you read each day, you will feel like Elyse is on this journey with you. She boldly tackles the question,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Biblical Counseling Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!