Walking Arm in Arm

(in)courage | 2/12/2019 | Staff
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/20171217-SundayScripture-Prov13-1200x858.jpg

The one who walks with the wise will become wise . . .

I sat in the church pew with my friends — Michelle on my right and Lyla on my left — to sing the songs, eat the bread, drink the wine, pray the prayers, and listen to the message. I wanted to reach out and grab my friends’ hands, but I didn’t. Fear of freaking out my friends meant I kept my hands in my lap. Later, in the parking lot, I told them, “I almost reached out and grabbed your hands, but I didn’t want to freak you out.”

“You should have,” they both told me. “It would have been fine.”

When my husband and I visited Europe, we walked down street after street, in city after city, and saw pairs of women walking arm-in-arm everywhere we looked. They walked closely and it was clear their friendships were treasures.

Husband - Home - Arm-in-arm - Girlfriends

I said to my husband, “I’m going to do that when we get home. I’m going to walk arm-in-arm with my girlfriends.”

Friendship is a gift. I’ve learned that the hard way. Finding someone who will talk you back from the edge, encourage you to follow your dream, stay up talking until 3:00 am, eat ice cream with you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: