‘Follow the Money’s’ Jeppe Gjervig Gram, Søren Balle Talk Series’ Final Season

Variety | 2/11/2019 | Jamie Lang
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/follow-the-money-ii.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

While some had argued that the third season of a series might not be fit to screen at the Berlinale’s Drama Series Days, the major departures in narrative and setting executed in the third and final season of DR’s “Follow the Money” justify its inclusion.

The first two seasons of the hyper-popular Danish crime series peeked into the boardrooms and office spaces of big banking and focused on white collar crime. In Season 3, the series drops down into the streets, and focuses on how the banks get tied up in drug money laundering.

Addition - Audience - Plaudits - Season - Series

In addition to critical and audience plaudits, Season 1 of the series scooped Danish Academy Robert Awards for best series, best actor and best supporting actor, while securing three further acting nominations, validating the series’ heavily character-driven plots.

The series is produced, broadcast and sold by Danish public broadcaster DR, and was commissioned by the company’s then-head of drama Piv Bernth, a major motivator behind the swell in high-end Scandinavian drama in recent years.

Series - Creator - Jeppe - Gjervig - Gram

Series creator Jeppe Gjervig Gram and director Søren Balle talked with Variety about the major changes coming in Season 3, creating content for a public broadcaster and the freedom they were granted by DR.

Why Anyone Can Relate to Sundance Film 'The Last Black Man in San Francisco'

Cardi - B - Deletes - Instagram - Blasting

Cardi B Deletes Instagram After Blasting Online 'Bulls---'

What has the immense success of the series meant in terms of pressure to deliver on subsequent seasons? Have you felt pushed to get bigger and better each season?

Service - Broadcaster - DR - Obligation - Show

As a public service broadcaster, DR doesn’t feel the same obligation to keep a show running, however successful, as a commercial broadcaster might. Then head of drama Piv Bernth asked me if I felt I still had new stories to tell within “Follow The Money’s” financial arena – and underscored that I was at liberty...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!