The Five Hour Challenge: Turning Your Church Outwardly Focused

ChurchLeaders | 2/11/2019 | Staff
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2.12outwardlhfocused.jpg

I was hesitant to write this post.

Indeed, I could see church members using this post to advocate that the pastor needs to do more of the work of ministry like evangelism. I’ve heard similar words many times: “After all, that’s what we pay the pastor to do.”

Words - Words

Such words are shameful. Such words are unbiblical.

But I do have to challenge pastors and church leaders. In recent years I have noticed a precipitous decline in the amount of time church leaders spend doing evangelism or doing activities that have an outward focus.

Reality - Pastors - Church - Leaders - People

And here is the reality: If the pastors and church leaders are not serious about reaching people with the gospel, you can’t expect the members to do so. Most pastors are spending less than two hours a week in outwardly-focused ministries, specifically evangelism. They have become so busy doing good things they neglect obedience to the Great Commission.

Here is my simple challenge: Commit at least five hours a week to evangelism and outwardly-focused ministries. Mark those five hours on your calendar like any other appointment. Make those five hours a priority. Do not come up with busyness and excuses that keep you from fulfilling your challenge.

Challenge - Ministers - Staff - Commit

This challenge should apply to all vocational ministers on staff. If you are full-time, commit...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.