Inside Arrow's Blackstar Reveal: How Can It Be True? Why That Last Name? Any Chance for a Family Reunion?

TVLine | 2/11/2019 | Matt Webb Mitovich
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/arrow-7x16-mia.jpg?w=619

Episode 13 was a lucky number for the Arrow fans who have been trying to crack the mystery of Blackstar aka Mia’s true identity.

You’ve got questions, and TVLine went to Katherine McNamara for answers….

TVLINE - | - Week - ABC/Freeform - Party

TVLINE | We just saw each other last week, at the ABC/Freeform party. If I had caught you a couple of cocktails later, might you have spilled the beans on this?

[Laughs] Absolutely not.

TVLINE - | - Did - Felicity - Oliver

TVLINE | Did you know from go that you were going to be Felicity and Oliver’s daughter?

I did not, actually. Of course when they’re casting these things they don’t want it out there that they’re looking for Olicity’s kid, so the sides were [fake] and the character description was for a “rookie cop.” Once I was cast, I was gearing up to play this rookie cop when I get a call from [showrunner] Beth Schwartz and she says, “So by the way, everything you know is a lie. You’re Oliver and Felicity’s kid. Congratulations and welcome to the show!” [Laughs] I’m like, “Hold on, pause, rewind, back up — what?” I’ve seen how beloved Olicity is to these fans and I know what a big responsibility this is, so I’ve done everything in my power to live up to these very big shoes I have to fill.

TVLINE - | - Did - Stephen - Amell

TVLINE | Did Stephen [Amell] and Emily [Bett Rickards] both know that you knew? Was it a secret among the three of you?

I believe so. There were some people on-set, certain department heads that knew, but Mia doesn’t find her parents right away, so I’ve met Stephen and Emily but I haven’t worked with them a ton. We’ve been on opposite schedules for a lot of the time I’ve been on the show but as people find out, it’s been interesting to see. The cast and crew have been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!