Chris Pratt Denies Ellen Page’s Anti-LGBTQ Church Claim: ‘My Values Define Who I Am’

IndieWire | 2/11/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-11-at-5.15.10-PM.png

Chris Pratt has responded to Ellen Page after the “Juno” Oscar nominee called out the actor for attending an “infamously anti-LGBTQ church.” Page was reacting to an interview Pratt gave on CBS’ “The Late Show” in which he spoke with host Stephen Colbert about a recent religious-inspired fast he recently undertook. Page wrote on Twitter, “Oh. K. Um. But his church is infamously anti lgbtq so maybe address that too?”

In a statement posted to his Instagram story, Pratt responded, “It has recently been suggested that I belong to a church which ‘hates people’ and is ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ.’ Nothing could be further from the truth. I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone.”

Church - Church - Life - Pratt - Spokesperson

“My church is important to me but no church defines me or my life,” Pratt continued. “I am not a spokesperson for any group of people. My values define who I am. We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgment of fellow man.”

Pratt attends the Hillsong church, which has made headlines for not “affirming” the LGBTQ...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!