Dozens of children as young as eight raped on dating apps

Mail Online | 2/10/2019 | Rory Tingle For Mailonline
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/10/09/9619544-0-image-a-40_1549791184039.jpg

Dozens of children as young as eight have been raped or sexually abused by paedophiles on apps like Tinder and Grindr because they are failing to enforce age restrictions, shocking new figures reveal.

Police forces have investigated more than 30 incidents of child rape since 2015 where victims were sexually exploited after evading age checks on dating apps. One boy, 13, was raped or abused by at least 21 men.

Instances - Child - Sex - Offences - Online

There were a further 60 instances of child sex offences via online dating platforms, including grooming, kidnapping and violent sexual assault.

The figures were revealed by 10 of 46 British police forces after a freedom of information request by The Sunday Times.

Case - Child - Paedophile - App - 'photos

In one case, an eight-year-old child was groomed by a paedophile on an app before exchanging 'photos of a sexual nature'. He was arrested.

A 13-year-old boy from Yorkshire who had inputted a false date of birth on dating apps was sexually exploited by 21 men he met online, including two teachers.

Girl - Nottingham - Down - Syndrome - Photos

And a 16-year-old girl from Nottingham with Down's syndrome was manipulated into sending photos of her genitalia.

Jeremy Wright, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, described the findings as 'truly shocking'.

'I - Companies - Place - Children - Harm

He added: 'I will be writing to these companies asking what measures they have in place to keep children safe from harm, including verifying their age.

'If I'm not satisfied with their response, I reserve the right to take further action.'

Grindr - Account - Abuse - Behaviour - Violation

Grindr said: 'Any account of sexual abuse or other illegal behaviour is troubling to us as well as a clear violation of our terms of service.

'Our team...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: