Apprentice star Karren Brady refuses to condemn Sir Philip Green

Mail Online | 2/10/2019 | Rory Tingle For Mailonline
donuzumaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/10/13/9624422-0-image-a-20_1549805942373.jpg

Baroness Brady has refused to condemn Sir Philip Green despite criticising other rich men facing similar allegations.

The Apprentice star said she would not be resigning as chairman of Taveta Investments - which owns Sir Philip's Arcadia Group - asking, 'Why should I?'

Comments - £3million - Knightsbridge - Home - Comments

The comments were made outside her £3million Knightsbridge home and are her first public comments on the scandal since it broke three months ago.

She refused to speak to a reporter from The Sunday Telegraph but made her views clear by saying the claims against Sir Philip had been 'denied'.

Newspaper - List - Questions - Friday - Opinion

The newspaper sent her a written list of questions on Friday, which included asking for her opinion on non-disclosure agreements used to silence the mogul's alleged victims.

She has previously be outspoken in condemning high-profile men for their alleged sexist behaviour.

November - Newspaper - Column - Case - Sir

Writing in a November 2017 newspaper column, she discussed the case of Sir Michael Fallon after he was accused of touching a female journalist's knee.

'What Michael Fallon, Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey are accused of,' the Baroness wrote, 'is abusing their power in an organisation to get someone to do something they don't want to do, or tolerate something they don't like.'

Incident - Footballer - Woman - Value - Club

She also once recounted an incident when she sacked a footballer accused of assaulting a woman despite his value to the club.

'What mattered was that his behaviour was unacceptable and would not be tolerated,' she told The Telegraph.

Stance - Sir - Philip - Labour - MP

Her stance on Sir Philip was condemned by Labour MP Jess Phillips, who said: 'I get that it's hard to talk and walk a hard line on sexual harassment but you cannot dine out on women's rights on one hand and then quit when it gets hard. Nothing will change if we vilify others and protect our mates.'

Baroness Brady told MailOnline: 'I want to be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.